using retail inventory barcode scanner in the POS system

Matt Edwards

12 Mar, 2012 02:25 AM

The retail inventory app is very handy and scans barcodes flawlessly when inputting inventory, BUT is there a similar scanner that can be used for the cashier live POS system.

I am using an iPad 2 and trying to avoid using any external devices to scan barcodes. I was hoping to use the same camera-based barcode scanner as featured in the retail inventory app in the Cashier live register to ring up items without having to search them manually.

Is this available? I ask because I feel that could be the best added benefit to the complete system

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tom on 12 Mar, 2012 05:15 AM

Hi Matt - thanks for your feedback, glad the Retail Inventory app is working well for you.

Unfortunately with Cashier Live itself, we don't have anything that would work like you're looking for. It works best using a standard barcode scanner connected to a computer. In order to accomplish what you're looking for we would have to develop a point-of-sale app for the iPad, which we don't have at the moment.

That being said, we are going to be launching an iPhone POS app in a few days. If you have an iPhone I would definitely check it out when it gets in the app store (we're currently shooting for Wednesday). Let me know if you'd be interested in giving that a try and I can email you when it's available.

Thanks again,
    -Tom
    —————————————————
    Tom Greenhaw
    Founder, Cashier Live
    http://www.cashierlive.com
    Toll Free: 877-312-1750

> // Add your reply above
    > here

2. 3 Posted by Matt Edwards on 12 Mar, 2012 12:44 PM

That would be even better because I already have a card scanner for all of
    our iphones, just needed a quick and easy way to scan the UPCs. Shoot me
    the link when you have a chance and I'll test it all out.

Thanks again,

--
    *Matt Edwards*
    Direct: (512)666-4DOG
    Cell: (901)603-5527

2003 S. Lamar Blvd. Suite 9
    Austin, TX 78704
    Toll Free: (855)Gr8-OutDogs

3. Matt closed this discussion on 27 Dec, 2012 06:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac